Author Topic: Identifying non-duplicates  (Read 7649 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can anyone think of a way to generate an auto-playlist that would return only tracks in a library that are not duplicated? The best I've come up with so far is to run the duplicate manager, save to a playlist, and have an auto-playlist find everything not in the duplicates playlist. It's not the worst process, it would just have to be re-done a lot.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

I am guessing you are having and keeping duplicates for a reason?
(e.g. perhaps both lossy and lossless versions?)

Then a solution could be to once in a while run the duplicate manager, and then apply some tag to the duplicates.
Then exclude those from your playlist(s).

(but I am not sure if this is actually simpler to do than what you are doing now)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Not so much lossy and lossless, but I am downright paranoid about having backups. I've lost some irreplaceable material in computer crashes. I also like having a 1:1 electronic copy of my CDs, but I have many tracks that are on multiple CDs (up to 6!) and I only need one in easy reach. Among other things.

A custom tag isn't a bad idea, but I'm looking for something dynamic. It could change in either direction. I suspect unless we get a dynamic duplicate tracker, there's no way to do this without some manual input.
Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:06:45 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Maybe I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, but if you just want to make sure you have two copies of all the tracks in your library wouldn't a program like FreeFileSync be better suited to the task?

https://freefilesync.org/download.php
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Maybe I've misunderstood what you're trying to do, but if you just want to make sure you have two copies of all the tracks in your library wouldn't a program like FreeFileSync be better suited to the task?

https://freefilesync.org/download.php

I use free file sync a lot, but because these collections aren't an exact mirror, it doesn't work in this case. Some tracks are tagged differently, some are ok to exist in the archive but not in the main library while some should be deleted from both, etc. I know it's convoluted but it keeps me entertained. :D
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Yeah, no thanks.
The easiest way might be to ask Steven for the password to the MusicBee database and try to do it in SQL.
Bee excellent to each other...