Author Topic: Use ratings and playlists on Android?  (Read 1798 times)

Modinstaller

Hello everyone,

I'm using Musicolet to play music on my phone. Musicolet does not read MusicBee's ratings. It's also very annoying to import playlists through Musicolet, I gotta do it manually playlist by playlist.

I tried Gonemad which reads ratings and imports playlist easily enough, but I find it ugly, clunky, and I don't like it. Ideally I'd like to stay on Musicolet, or some other similar music player.

I thought about renaming my music files with their rating, something like "[4.5] Wolfmother - White Unicorn", this way Musicolet can sort by name. The playlist problem remains, and also I couldn't do this manually, I'd have to create a script that would read the rating and modify the filename accordingly and parse through all my playlist. And I'd have to run the script every time I change my song ratings through MusicBee. And MusicBee wouldn't understand where the files had gone which would fuck my m3u playlists up, unless I found a way to just change something in their metadata instead of renaming them (something that Musicolet could use).

Is there possibly an android app which can do what I want it to, or a trick that I could use to make it work with Musicolet?

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
I use GoneMad and it does what I want it to do. PowerAmp is the only other Android player that works with MB's WiFi Sync app, so I suggest you get the seven day trial and see if it does what you want.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Modinstaller

I started using Poweramp as a replacement to Gonemad, I like it, it looks pretty and I like the functionality. I'm running into 2 problems though:

- I can sort by rating but I can't see the ratings and if I rate any song, it uses another rating tag than Musibee's instead of rewriting over Musicbee's rating.
- I haven't found a way to auto-sort everything by rating so I still have to manually press settings, re-sort, and rating, every time I want to play another playlist.

I'll make a post on Poweramp's forums.