Author Topic: Classical Theater Mode Embedded (player panel replacement)  (Read 1662 times)

hiccup

This is not an actual Theater Mode.
It is what is called an 'embedded theater mode'.
This one is intended for aficionados of classical music, designed to replace the regular player panel.

It makes it possible to display a variety of details about the playing track in the player panel that are interesting and relevant to classical music.

After everything has been configured it will look something like this:

On the left it displays:
- an image of the composer
- the name of the overarching 'work' composition title.
- the name of the part (movement/act)
- the year(s) the composition was created *
- the genre, style or period the composition is supposed to fall under

In the middle it will display:
- the title of the playing track
- the titles of upcoming tracks
   (you can click the upcoming track(s) to play them)

On the right it displays:

- the name of the conductor
- the name of the orchestra or ensemble *
- the performers on the recording
- the date of the recording (or the date of the first release) *
- the album artwork
- the player controls, progress bar and time progress

( * for these you will need to set up your own custom or virtual tags)

Two other examples:

- - -

download Classical Theater Mode Embedded

- - -

howto:

- download the xml file, and copy it to: MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.Embeded\
- start MusicBee, and then somewhere at the top right of the main panel, click on the 'Configure Layout' icon > Arrange Panels…
- under 'available elements' on the right, find and select the 'now playing bar' element, and drag it to the 'bottom panel' on the left. (place it above the 'player controls' or now)
- save
- now you should have the 'now playing' panel visible at the bottom
- click the small arrow in its header somewhere at the left, and select 'Classical TM Embedded'
- drag the height of the panel so it displays all information nicely.
- return to the 'arrange panels' configuration and remove the 'player controls' from the bottom panel. (or don't, that's optional)

- - -

At first you will mostly get empty fields showing.
That is because most fields depend on custom or virtual tags, which will differ from user-to-user.

I designed it to work with my own tagging scheme for classical music as described here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28999.0

If you are using that system, all you will have to do is open the xml file, and edit the virtual tag position numbers in it so that they match the positions you have appointed them to.
So if in the xml somewhere it says to use id="Virtual5" for Part¨ (movement/act), but you are using 'Virtual11' for it, just change '5' to '11'.

In the xml you will find a comment/description at all the positions that are eligible for such edits.
So just find the <!-- commented out -->  lines, and edit what is under id=" " so that it adheres to your tagging scheme.

- - -

MusicBee users that use the out-of-the-box available 'work' and 'movement' tags may be able to make it work using those.
I am not using them myself, so I am not sure how satisfying the results will be in practic

- - -

edit:
Since it is not obvious to spot;
In case you have a recording that has more performers listed than will fit the available space, there will be a small scrollbar available right next to the artwork image:

Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:08:52 PM by hiccup

The Incredible Boom Boom

This is pretty cool and I did not know the Now Playing Bar could be used like this.
Damn you for now putting something else to mess around with on my list!