Author Topic: Multiple-disc albums / Multiple cover arts?  (Read 2380 times)

Intothisworld

I've already done a bit of searching around, but I can't find a satisfactory solution for what I'm trying to do. I have a multi-disc album (like a 20-disc box set), and I would like to have it all categorized together by the overall album title, but then broken up into each individual disc/disc title along with each individual disc's cover art. Someone mentioned in another forum turning on "enable all artwork to be selected and displayed," but I can't get that to work properly in the first place, but also it doesn't sound like that would associate each disc with any specific piece of art... Is there any possible way to do this in this fashion? Should I maybe submit a feature request? Thank you for reading.

hiccup

Welcome to the forum Intothisworld

There are several ways to achieve that, one of them would be to give each disc a Set subtitle.
Then under Preferences > Sorting/Grouping > 'specify how files are grouped to an album', add Set subtitle as a defining field.

Intothisworld

Intothisworld

Hmm okay shoot, I'm sorry. A couple more nitpicks... So the album artwork is now split up per disc which is perfect, but the album name now repeats as a header for that second section, rather than just using the "Set Subtitle" sub-header by itself.
https://i.imgur.com/CXFmtnl.png

I also have other albums where I would like to split up the tracks into these "Set Subtitle" categories, but for these albums they are just different sections within the same single disc (so no need for a second artwork). Is there a way to toggle that feature for some albums but not others? I tried adding another category of sub-header, but I guess I can only set one at a time? Here's a picture of one of those single-disc albums w/ multiple categories.
https://i.imgur.com/oO5UZKT.png

hiccup

For the first you could use a virtual tag.
e.g.
Code
$IsNull(<Set subtitle>,<Album>,<Set subtitle>)
Then use that tag to display the Album title (or the Set subtitle when present)

For the second, you could customise the Album and Tracks panel and activate 'track subgrouping'.
You could use Disc# for it, or a custom tag.

Intothisworld

Okay, well it's not exactly what I had in mind, but I think if I shuffle some values around, I can get all the subtitles and subcategories I'm looking for represented pretty decently. I might be being a little too picky about my customization, honestly. ;D Wouldn't be the first time. I think I will submit a feature request for the "sorting/grouping" per-album toggle switch though. Hopefully that counts as significant enough to warrant consideration. Thanks again for all your help  ::)