Author Topic: Artist / Album View, Album Display Question  (Read 2791 times)

Thalion Korvhas

When you view the main panel using the Artist view, click on an artist, the list of albums appears. If the artist has a lot of albums the album runs off the right side of the panel and you have to click the < or > buttons to navigate the list of albums. Is there anyway to allow musicbee to stack them in multiple rows (wrap them) under the artist instead of running them off the side of the panel?

hiccup

I don't believe that's configurable.
You would get something like that if you change the panel settings from 'directly under the selected album or artist' to 'in a separate panel', but then you would lose the expanded panel feature for single albums. What is probably not what you want.

Música

Do you mean the album "pictures" by "the list of albums appears"? Mine do wrap, always have, on both Win 7 and 10 installs: the latest version on my Win 7 daily PC, and the prior-to-latest on my W10 Surface tablets. I display 8 or 6 per row, and any beyond that wrap. Does a MB- ->View --> refresh (or F5) change things? (I've only had do that after I  rip a CD that is not showing right away on the All Artists display.) I'd try a fresh install otherwise. Good luck getting past this.

Thalion Korvhas

Do you mean the album "pictures" by "the list of albums appears"? Mine do wrap, always have, on both Win 7 and 10 installs: the latest version on my Win 7 daily PC, and the prior-to-latest on my W10 Surface tablets. I display 8 or 6 per row, and any beyond that wrap. Does a MB- ->View --> refresh (or F5) change things? (I've only had do that after I  rip a CD that is not showing right away on the All Artists display.) I'd try a fresh install otherwise. Good luck getting past this.

When viewing by artist, then click on an artist, the list of albums has always scrolled them off the right side of the main panel since I have used it for many many years. This is a brand new version of MB I installed last week. If there is a setting to force it to display in a wrap fashion I would like to know.

This is what I am talking about. When I click on Uriah Heep, the list of albums continues to the right. You have to click the < or > on the right side just above the list of albums to scroll back and forth. I would love it if they simply stacked in rows in the main panel instead.

Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 03:23:46 AM by Thalion Korvhas

Música

Pardon me, TK. Thanks for the illustration; I erred. Another reminder and illustration that I am still a Jr. Member.

Yes, I see/understand now, and you did say Artist view (on the main panel), whereas I misunderstood "artists view" as that which I have on the left panel. I view Artists as primary on the left, but use Albums view on the main panel, and click artists, as needed, on the left panel, which is how I, you, and everyone, for many versions, at least, gets the wrapped albums  :-[ . Your illustration helped orient me; and, focused now, I also get the need-to-scroll views for >X-album artists. I do not see (as you haven't) a way to change to wrap in that view. I especially should have focused more when hiccup did not have a solution. Although I did not see his response until after I had started to compose and play with all the related program configurations.

As an aside, I use the album view, sorted by order of ripping order, to keep straight what I ripped recently and transferred or not to devices. The artist view on the main panel does show more than twice the number of artists I have on the left panel, but for me, does duplicate the left panel. I may rethink how I display these fields on my tablets.