Author Topic: Flac files  (Read 8738 times)

DT

I wanted musicbee, but no matter what I did, all of my flac files had a black dot next to them. When I tried to PKAY a flac files I got a message that it couldn't okay the file. So I had to go to my second choice, MediaMonkey. I really wanted to like musicbee, but without the ability to play flac, there was no point. When researched, I found this to be a wide spread issue. I'm on a brand new samsung galaxy book flex 2 alpha pc. I use an astell&kern kann alpha at home and a samsung galaxy s21 ultra on the road. Any help would be appreciated.

hiccup

I found this to be a wide spread issue.

It isn't.

Since day one of MusicBee's existence, flac and mp3 are pretty much the preferred formats.
I think I never saw some 'black dot' appearing, could you post a screenshot of what the black dot looks like and where it is showing?
Also, are all your flac files from a single (or similar) source, or do they have various origins?

phred

• Global Moderator
all of my flac files had a black dot next to them
I'm thinking this may be an exclamation mark in a circle that isn't being rendered (or seen) properly. Hover your mouse over the 'black dot' and see if a message pops up. What is the message? It would look something like this, but on your track details or album view screen:
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Música

I came from about a month of the Monkey, following years with Zune and VLC:  I regularly rip in Flac, WMA-max, and MP3-max in MusicBee; and, the files all look and play perfectly on Win 7 and 10 MB installations, and through other programs on my daily Windows and 2 music-optimized Angroid phones, my Rotel integrated, and high-impedance phones -among other devices. MB's look and feel was the closest I found to Zune, my forever-favorite; but MB had gone far beyond it in features and functionality. One does have to learn and keep learning this elaborate program to use it as designed and to one's preferences. Reading the fora has always been essential to this learning. Thank you Steven and other heroes.

DanoAU

Re: FLAC files, has anyone experienced corrupt FLAC files recently? As I slowly upgrade my library from MP3 to FLACs, I've been editing tags/moving files and occasionally get 1 file in an album being corrupt - only picked it up because MB wouldn't move/rename the corrupt files.

Known issue with Win 10 corrupting FLAC files previously.
danoau @ last.fm

phred

• Global Moderator
As I slowly upgrade my library from MP3 to FLACs,
I hope you're re-ripping  your files to FLAC and not converting from MP3 to FLAC. Taking a lossy format and converting it to a lossless format will not make it lossless.

If you don't have the original source(s) for for (current) MP3 files, leave them as is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DanoAU

I'm in the strange phase of re-ripping old CDs to FLAC or purchasing vinyl or lossless version of stuff I want... Should just adopt online streaming and be done with it all  ::)
danoau @ last.fm

hiccup

I'm in the strange phase of re-ripping old CDs to FLAC
In that case the cause of your issues probably can be narrowed down to the cd-ripper or the optical drive you are using, or to possible problems (degradation?) with your physical storage media.
Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:14:20 PM by hiccup