Author Topic: Music Bee Blind accessibility plugin (some questions about development)  (Read 7862 times)

Nuno

hello everyone,
Music Bee seems to be a great software and since I am blind I wish to make this software more usable by screenreader users. By default, the software is not very well accessible and it requires some special operation to work well, so I want to develop a special plug in which will convey information via speech.
Of course, this will not be fully viable solution as a more appropriate support would be required from the developer, but it is a good start.
My questions are as follows:
1. Can I register hotkeys in the plug in or I should write my own hotkey handle? If yes, any examples arround?
2. Can I retrieve lyrics text via the plug in interface?
With best regards,
N.

Steven

• Administrator
for 1. you can register a command using
MB_RegisterCommand(command text, handler)
that makes the command text available for the user to assign a hot key, and when the hotkey is invoked then your event handler is called

for 2. use:
Library_GetLyrics(url, type)
for your usage just set type to 0

Nuno

Nuno

Also, can I get all the data of a file when the selection changes? Screenreaders do not announce the file changes by themselves in Music Bee, I need to play a file one by one to listen. Can I get the selected item via event to broadcast information about it such as name, duration, tags, ETC?

Steven

• Administrator
MB will send the notification: PluginNotifyType.SelectedFileChanged
which can be detected in the: ReceiveNotification function

to get the current selected file its a bit obscure:
use: Library_QueryGetFilesEx("domain=SelectedFiles", ref filenames[])

Nuno

hiccup

Hi Nuno. ( and welcome to the forum! )

Your original post has been on my mind since the moment I read it yesterday.
I have no coding talents, so I won't be able to contribute to your questions. Sorry.

I can't begin to imagine the challenges that you and other blind people are up against in using a music player on a computer.
But it intrigues me, and I would like to learn a bit more about it.

If you are willing, could you maybe share some links to existing topics on matters like these?
Are there for example discussion forums on these topics that I could check out?
And are there maybe working examples for other music software such as WinAmp or foobar2000 that you know of?

Cheers!