Author Topic: Missing tracks  (Read 3205 times)

loughner

I have a different mp3 player on my Kindle. It says I have 23985 tracks. MusicBee says 21703. The Kindle player lists tracks in its alphabetical list that do not appear in the MusicBee list. But when I search for the relevant album, the tracks are there.

This album has other tracks, which I can find in MusicBee with an album search.

hiccup

99.999999% sure this is not a bug in MusicBee.
And as long as you are not providing any specifics about what you believe MusicBee is doing wrong that can be tested and replicated by others, it is for 100% not a bug.

So, you chose the wrong board to post. This should go to Questions.
And if you expect support and/or useful replies from others on your issue, it would be good if you provided a lot more details.

loughner

You're right, if no one else can replicate missing tracks, I don't even have a question. Sorry I bugged you.

loughner

Problem solved! MediaMonkey says I have 24,287 tracks (which includes newly acquired music.)  MusicBee gives me 21,811. <sigh>

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For anyone coming across this later, the most likely cause is that some tracks were in the Inbox in MusicBee. The fact that missing tracks could be found with a search makes that a strong possibility.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Problem solved!
How can you declare the problem is solved when there is still a discrepancy between what the two apps are showing?
Did you find the "missing" tracks?
Have you looked in the Inbox as psychoadept suggests?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

loughner

Nothing in the Inbox. And antway why would only a few tracks from an album appear there and not all of them? The problem is solved by using the app that finds the most of my music.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you're happy with that solution, no problem. The next thing I would do in MusicBee is display the Category column to see where it says the missing tracks are.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)