Author Topic: m3u8!! Thanks!!  (Read 4352 times)

musicplayeralt

Uh, just coming here to say thank you MusicBee!!  :)   I have been using musicbee about 8 months or so now to manage my music, absolutely love it! Recently I discovered I need to create playlists that are m3u8 type (I have a really old mp3 player, and it only accept m3u and m3u8 playlists, but m3u playlists don't seem to accept non-latin characters, so m3u8 was my only option...) was banging my head trying to figure out how to do this without creating playlist files manually, and didn't want to have to find another software, low and behold MusicBee can create these playlists for me, and even has an option for making the filepaths relative  :-*  So happy because i think i can get my playlists on my mp3 player now!! Anyway just wanted to say thanks for making this an option!

In case it is of interest to anyone, you can create such external playlists as follows:

Preferences > Library > "exported playlists", select m3u8 from the dropdown. Now just go to any of your musicbee playlists, right click and do 'export', and it'll allow you to create an m3u8 playlist!
Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 05:24:45 PM by musicplayeralt