Author Topic: Album Sort Issue  (Read 2661 times)

alexmoore

Example: I have two albums titled "Lightning Bolt" one by Pearl Jam and one by Lightning Bolt (the band). If I go to Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt album sort tab and album sort as: 9 the self-titled Lightning Bolt album will also be sorted to 9. I then go to the self-titled Lightning Bolt album sort tab and set the album sort as 1 but then Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt album automatically jumps to the sort order of 1.
The albums, although they should be unrelated, are somehow linked because of the title. I want Pearl Jam's Lightning Bolt to have an album sort value of 9, and Lightning Bolt self-titled album to have a sort value of 1. This is true of many same titled albums in my library. Please help.

Steven

• Administrator
A custom sorting value only be applied to an album name, so what you want is not supported

alexmoore

Thank you for the reply. So if two different artists share an album of the same name, say "MTV Unplugged," it is not possible to sort these albums at different values. The odd thing is, the two albums display different numbers under the album "sort as" box. One reads "1" and one reads "9." But they are both sorted as the most recently entered value, in this case, "9."

Is it possible to unlink these albums by using a different function within MusicBee?

loughner

Add a _a to one album and a _z to the other album. Then they'll sort apart

The Incredible Boom Boom

Thank you for the reply. So if two different artists share an album of the same name, say "MTV Unplugged," it is not possible to sort these albums at different values. The odd thing is, the two albums display different numbers under the album "sort as" box. One reads "1" and one reads "9." But they are both sorted as the most recently entered value, in this case, "9."

Is it possible to unlink these albums by using a different function within MusicBee?

Reading this will help you define and sort your albums as desired.