Author Topic: Manually sorting playlist in album view  (Read 1610 times)

FunkySoul

Hi,

I'm new to Musicbee, just switched from Foobar. I really like it and I think my music has found a new home.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my playlists from scratch and there is one super annoying thing I can't get around. I'm not able to sort the playlist when I'm in album view. I created a static playlist, choose display using view = albums, checked "custom fields for this playlist only" and sorting = manual order. But I still can't drag and drop my albums in the playlist.
When I change to track view I can sort it. But then I have to select all songs of the album and push them up which isn't something I want to do for very large playlists..

What am I doing wrong?

ma_t14

By album view, do you mean the "Album Covers" view? It doesn't seem you can re-order in that view. But it sounds sensible that you should be able to.

You could use the "Album and Tracks" view instead. Clicking on the album art will select all the track from that album.

FunkySoul

Yes, neither "Album covers" nor "Album and Tracks" work. I can only sort in tracks view.

ma_t14

In "Album and tracks" view it should work. Make sure that that sorting is set to manual order, it may reset when you change views

FunkySoul

Indeed it does, thanks.

But still not working in "Album covers" view.
Does this mean the problem isn't on my end and it just doesn't work in this view?