Author Topic: Tag Title from Filename  (Read 2872 times)

Bodtje

Hello everyone,
I would like to change the Title tag using the filename (Infer and Update Tags from Filename) but... in my filename the first characters refer to the Track# like this: "01. Title of the track - Artist - etc"
Can I leave out the Track# from the Title tag so that the result would be "Title of the track - Artist - etc"?
Thanks in advance for your precious help.

ma_t14

It's not very clear to me what you are trying to do. What do you mean by leave out the track# from the title tag? What do you think that would achieve? Is your intention to not update the Track# number tag, only the rest?

Anyway, to infer tags from the filename template you mention you can use this:

<Track#>. <Title> - <Artist>
Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 01:05:33 PM by ma_t14

Bodtje

Thank you for your reply.
The track number is now the first part of the Filename.
When I use "Infer and Update Tag from Filename" the Track# is copied into the tag (see img https://ibb.co/SvyR7dR) even if I choose only <Title> as a template.

" />

I don't want to appear these track numbers in the title tag.

ma_t14

Show me the filename for one of those file

vincent kars

Try something like this: $Mid(<Filename>,4)
At least as a virtual tag is simply gives you the filename minus the first 4 char

frankz

Shouldn't you be able to put...

<Track#>. <Title>

...in the "Infer Tags from Filename" dialog?  Am I missing something obvious?

Bodtje

Shouldn't you be able to put...

<Track#>. <Title>

...in the "Infer Tags from Filename" dialog?  Am I missing something obvious?

Well, that doesn't seem to work. Apparently the track number is assumed as being part of the Title.
So applying the template <Track#>. <Title> doesn't change anything in the Title tag, and the template <Title> does copies the whole filename (including track number) into the Title tag.

frankz

Please post a screenshot of your "Auto-Tag: Infer and Overwrite Tags from the Filename" box.

I'm sure you're doing this because it's obvious, but just to make sure you are including the folder structure shown there in your template, right?

Bodtje

Mmmm... I finally decided to restart the comp and it seems to work OK. Strange!  :-[
Thanks everybody for your help.