Author Topic: Error after uninstalling MusicBee Store  (Read 4425 times)

stardepp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
I have installed MusicBee classically as MusicBee.exe on my Windows 10. Out of curiosity, I also installed MusicBee from the Windows 10 Store and tried it out. But then I uninstalled MusicBee Store. Then I wanted to start MusicBee.exe again, but instead of MusicBee starting, I got this error:

Code
3.08.2021 20:46:47 - 10.0.19043.0 - 3.2.6902.32258 - System.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "#=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei #=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=..cctor()
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei #=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=..ctor(Boolean #=zYcmFULoF0OSbbekjAw==, Boolean #=zKYOOn6QhuuRJ)
   bei #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq..ctor()
   bei #=zx9H$0K5tc$nGAYtoyncaKErOthcW.Main(String[] args)
13.08.2021 20:46:47 - 10.0.19043.0 - 3.2.6902.32258S - System.TypeInitializationException: Der Typeninitialisierer für "#=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=" hat eine Ausnahme verursacht. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei #=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=..cctor()
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei #=zmAYf$bxbms8L0g66RDO8e5A=..ctor(Boolean #=zYcmFULoF0OSbbekjAw==, Boolean #=zKYOOn6QhuuRJ)
   bei #=zGQ2Dv0Sa2dr8x55F8dLAfPzu1vYq..ctor()
   bei #=zx9H$0K5tc$nGAYtoyncaKErOthcW.Main(String[] args)

How can I remove this error?

hiccup

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8003
That error report indicates a very old MusicBee version.
3.2 is some three years old now.
Mixing old/new installer/Store versions might be the problem here?

stardepp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
I restored a backup of MusicBee and now MusicBee is running again.

I am deliberately using MusicBee, 3.2, because that is the last version of MusicBee that shows the scrobbled songs of the currently playing artist in the playbar (See screenshot).

From MusicBee 3.3 and up, an incorrect indication of the songs heard is displayed.


hiccup

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8003
I am deliberately using MusicBee, 3.2, because that is the last version of MusicBee that shows the scrobbled songs of the currently playing artist in the playbar
So you are creating a bug report on an old (2018) version of MusicBee?
Should the developer step into a time machine (preferably before he dies) and fix an (assumed) bug in some specific previous version of MusicBee?

stardepp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
Sorry, that was not my intention, but the problem is solved. MusicBee 3.2 runs stable and without errors.

sveakul

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2547
stardepp have you tried putting in a wishlist request for the scrobble ID-to-playbar?  It's a shame to see you having to miss out on all the many improvements/additions since 3.2 because of one single preference.


stardepp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
But for me it is illogical, if the Scrobble-ID-to-Playbar still works correctly in MusicBee 3.2, that one does not take over this so unchanged in MusicBee 3.3 and up.

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10711
I'm not sure of the details of the API limits, and digging around hasn't turned up anything beyond "respect the limits", but if it's anything like Gracenote it may be that it works as long as too many people aren't using it. So it works for you on 3.2 precisely because it's an older, less-used version.

I could be completely off-base, but that'sy theory without more concrete info.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)


stardepp

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
@sveakul
It's a shame to see you having to miss out on all the many improvements/additions since 3.2 because of one single preference.

MusicBee 3.4 has two bugs, see screenshots:

MusicBee 3.2:



MusicBee 3.4:



I have already reported on error 1. Error 2: MusicBee 3.4 shows the same photo in the current playback panel as in the artist images.
MusicBee 3.2 shows different artist pictures.