Author Topic: using two computers  (Read 1539 times)

adashgood

I would like to create playlists and add/delete music on a windows desktop and be able to play those on a Windows tablet. I thought I'd use an external hard drive to move the library from one computer to the other, but the different computers have trouble recognizing the external drive and finding the libraries. What's the best way to achieve my goals of using the two computers?

The Incredible Boom Boom

I would like to create playlists and add/delete music on a windows desktop and be able to play those on a Windows tablet. I thought I'd use an external hard drive to move the library from one computer to the other, but the different computers have trouble recognizing the external drive and finding the libraries. What's the best way to achieve my goals of using the two computers?

Start with learning how to share folders over your network.
Windows 10 share folder over network

You can keep the drive attached to the desktop, then map the drive to your tablet device, and finally add it to your MusicBee library.

frankz

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=23076.msg134880#msg134880

I do what's described in the post above with the addition of now also having MB portable in a shared network folder and running that copy from the remote machines. One library, one set of music files, one copy of MB to keep updated and configured.