Author Topic: split library to sync to 2 separate destinations  (Read 1376 times)

Kanobis

My device has 2 SD cards. To keep the library organized on my device, I would like to sync half of my library (alphabetically) to one card and the other half to the 2nd card. So A-M on one and N-Z on the other, rather than fill one card up with random A-Z and then all the spill-off to the 2nd card, creating a chaotic haphazard file structure on my device. The best way I have been able to figure to do this on my own is to create two separate libraries in MusicBee (one for each half of the alphabet) and sync one library to one card and the other to the 2nd. The problem is that if I want to view my entire collection on MusicBee, I have to switch back and forth between libraries and can't see everything together in one collection. Is there an easier way to specify certain syncing rules so that I can have my PC's library all together in one library on MB but have it sync to my device separately as desired?

phred

• Global Moderator
Filters would be perfect for this. Although I don't know if you can filter by alphabetical order. You might have to play around with it to find something that works for you. But you won't have to go back and forth between multiple libraries. It's all there in one library and you can filter (and sync) them separately.
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Filters
Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 10:38:16 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Kanobis

Awesome! I'll play around with it and see if I can set something up. Thanks very much!