Author Topic: AAC/mp4 add-on  (Read 5438 times)

music5674

Would like to know where I can find an aac/mp4 file converter to add into MusicBee. I read somewhere about the itunes aac add on. It was probably on a different forum for musicbee. I was able to get the qaac_2.72 files, and also have the itunes64setup.exe files in their own folder. The one file [makeportable2] i was unable to find the zip file. But did find the text on a site. I saved it as a .cmd. I tried to launch it, but all it did was open up as a text file. Is there a specific way to setup that file text. I wish I had saved from that site the process of creating the files to go into the CODEC folder. Any help and guidance on how to get the files to do what they should like. Thank you in advance for any help on this. I  do currently have the nero acc encoder in musicbee, but read it is no longer supported.

sveakul

The information you need is contained in the post here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=33758.0 , and in the update to it here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=33758.msg190420#msg190420 .

To get the makeportable2.cmd file in its proper format, go to the link here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nu774/makeportable/master/makeportable2.cmd .  Then, if using the Firefox browser, just drop File/Save Page As, and accept the default filename "makeportable2.cmd" to save it as.  This will result in a working command file--be sure the extension is *.cmd and NOT *.txt.  Alternatively, you could browse to the link in any browser and just do an Edit/Select All, and copy that result into an empty text file.  Then, rename that text file "makeportable2.cmd", which will make it executable as a command file.

Follow the instructions step by step in the posts mentioned above and you shouldn't have any problems.
Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:23:55 PM by sveakul

music5674

Thank you. I did a search on creating cmd files. Its been years since i played around making bat files. I open the "makeportable2.cmd" file and fixed in closing up the info in the brackets ( ). It worked.
It did create the "QTfiles64" folder. I opened it but no files in there. It extracted the iTunes64.msi file. It also created a folder "_TMP_" with 2 folders "iTunes" and "System64" along with the file "iTunes64.msi". Should I move all these files into the "QTfiles64" folder along with the qaac_2.72 x64 files into the CODEC folder in MusicBee? That you again for the help.

sveakul

Something is wrong with how you created the Qtfiles64 folder because it should have been populated with the needed files automatically.  Check these steps:

1.  Be sure the makeportable2.cmd file's content match those on the website and that both that file and the file "iTunes64Setup.exe" are in the same folder--best to just create an empty folder and then put only those two in it.

2.  Now run the makeportable2.cmd in that folder--a command window will open up while it runs, and there may be a long pause at one point after a message like "Everything looks OK!"--do NOT exit the command window then, just wait a while and you will see the process eventually continue on its own, and it will close the window on its own when it is finished.  This is mentioned in the original instructions.  I think this is where you went wrong, exiting the command window prematurely, leaving half-extracted packages and temp folders/files that are normally cleaned up automatically.

3.  The resulting QTfiles64 folder created should contain all needed files and now you can move that folder, AND qaac64.exe, to the MusicBee "Codec" folder.

4.  Finish the rest of the setup of MusicBee's File Converter dialogs as described in the original post.
Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 01:17:45 AM by sveakul