Author Topic: Playlist Pictures with Transparency keep background colour of previous playlist  (Read 2809 times)

SonicRings

Let me set the scene:

So I'm viewing this playlist with no transparency in its playlist picture:

I then decide to view this playlist which has transparency in its playlist picture:

I then view this playlist, again with no transparency:

Finally I go back to this playlist with transparency:

You see the issue? It seems like it's random yet consistent whether or not the transparency retains the colour from the previous playlist without transparency. This also affects the entire bar's colour. I don't understand what determines this behaviour, but it is consistent with these 3 playlists. It I view Chillhop Music, ChilledCow will always have teal in its corners. No exceptions. I don't know what differentiates Chillhop Music from ChilledCat where one screws with ChilledCow's transparency and the other doesn't.

This is understandably annoying and I'd like for this to not happen. I really don't want to fill the transparency with a colour of my choosing to avoid this issue if at all possible. Any chance this can be looked into?

Version 3.4.7805 P

EDIT:

I figured perhaps it's the alphabetical sorting order of the playlists playing a role here, so I reversed the order with 3 new playlists:

It seems to somehow be even worse. The top were autoplaylists, these at the bottom are regular playlists. These ones actually retain the old picture underneath the transparency. Different behaviour entirely.
Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:42:53 PM by SonicRings

Steven

• Administrator

SonicRings

that should be fixed now:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files
Wonderful, thank you so much for the prompt fix!

It works great, however I believe there is one small issue still: sometimes, the banner colour does not change when switching between playlists. If this should have a separate thread since it's now the banner acting weird and not the image, let me know and I'll move this to a new topic.

For example, this is the colour this banner should be:

However, when I switch to, say, this playlist:

And then switch back to the first one, the banner remains the same hot pink as the previous one:

If I then switch to this playlist:

And then back to the first one, the banner remains the same purple as the previous one:

Finally, switching to this playlist:

And then back to the first one again, the banner returns to it's normal colour:

Here are the playlists in question. The alphabetical order does not seem to play a role here, as playlists below and above affect it the same way, with the one immediately below it not affecting it:

Strangely enough, I have 3 other auto playlists in this list that also have circle images with transparency, and they don't behave this way. I already tried re-setting the images for the 4 playlists in this post to no avail.
I did just set one of them (Dreamhop Music) to have the same image as ChilledCow, and that started behaving exactly as the ChilledCow playlist in this post.
Here is the image I am using for ChilledCow, since it seems to be misbehaving somehow:
https://i.imgur.com/zD6n4ZA.png

I do have a higher res version (5800x5800) of this image as well, but it behaves the same (as well as takes a second to even load).

Thanks again for fixing the issue with the playlist image backgrounds! Hopefully this can also be fixed. If you require any of the other images I used, let me know and I will provide them.
Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:51:15 AM by SonicRings

Steven

• Administrator
this should be fixed for the next patch update

Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 06:44:40 AM by Steven

SonicRings

this should be fixed for the next patch update

Thank you very much Steven, this completely fixes the issue!