Author Topic: Search not working  (Read 2462 times)

reid_michael

Recently installed Musicbee on a new machine. It was a bigger hassle than it should have been because the old machine has most music stored on an external D: drive and the new machine has plenty of room on the C: drive, and I didn't figure out that I could relink the music file paths from the playlists until I already manually made several changes.

Anyway... The search bar on the new machine started acting funny today. It only produces results for the given search parameters for tracks that are in the currently active playlist, regardless of whether the "local node" or "entire library" is selected. I read previous posts on the subject and did everything recommended: installed the most recent version (3.4.7805), installed the portable version, installed in the same non-windows folder with most of the music library, searching all fields, in the entire library. Nothing seems to work.

To illustrate, the following search for "Ellington" while in an auto-playlist called "Jazz" that includes a limited number of random tracks from certain related genres yields seven tracks while in "local node".

The next search while in the same playlist, but using the "entire library" results in six tracks, including only one that matches the previous search. The results are likely different because the auto-playlist refreshed.

While six or seven is a reasonable number if searching just this particular auto-playlist, there is no way a search from the local node should have more hits than the same search from the entire library.

As a workaround, I created a new auto-playlist that searches the entire library for "Ellington" in any field. The resulting list has 75 tracks and makes sense, but it's not very efficient for searching.

Another workaround is to create a playlist that has everything from the library. This is actually a pretty good result, but it's not very dynamic. You have to be continually adding new tracks to the playlist in order to make the search work.

Any thoughts?

Steven

• Administrator
When the main panel is a playlist, only the playlist is searched irrespective of whether the search entire library option is selected. I guess thats not consistent so i will change that

Steven

• Administrator
this changes the behavior:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

you need to rescan the relevant files - right click/ send to/ rescan files
Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:00:02 AM by Steven

reid_michael

World class customer service.

Thanks so much for the fix.
 :D