Author Topic: Music Bee on Phone  (Read 5739 times)

steve5109

I'm attempting to install the plug in so I can sync to my phone.  My assumption is that my phone will be able to play music that I have on my PC in Musicbee.

When I try and download the plug in (I undesrtand that is a requirement) widows says it blocks it becuse it could be harmfull. 

Please advise.   Am I on the right track?

Thank you!

phred

• Global Moderator
You really need to provide some more details in order to get some help. Most importantly, what plugin are you trying to download and from where?

You can use a USB cable between the phone and your PC to sync your music. You don't -need- a plugin.

There is a plugin that provides syncing via WiFi, and typically is a faster sync than USB. It is available from the Google Play store. Look for MusicBee WiFi Sync.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

steve5109

Thank you for your reply.  I apologise for missing some critical data!

I was trying to install the Musicbee remote plug in. 

My intent is to be able to play music from MusicBee on my phone.  Ideally with playlists and as much functionality as possible.  I did download the musicbee app for my android but I thought I would need that plug in to make them talk to each other.

Is there a better way to accomplish my goal of music and playlists synced from Musicbee on my phone?

Thank you!!

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty certain the plugin you're trying to use is a -remote-. It will control the music playing on your PC. It will not play the music on your phone. I suggest you post your questions on the thread for the plugin so the developer, or others who use it, can answer your questions.

If you want to play music on your phone, you'll need the transfer (sync) the music files from MB to the device. Check the Wiki for more information.
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Devices
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

steve5109