Author Topic: MusicBee keeps giving me error when using WASAPI  (Read 1731 times)

bakuman47

When using WASAPI (exclusive), MusicBee plays first file completely fine. but then goes on to say that "The Device is exclusively locked by another application" ( error=BASS_ERROR_BUSY), this is despite no other applications using it besides music bee and ASIO working fine. This has only happened recently and has happened suddenly, so I have no idea what caused this. Also this happens with every sound device I give it to play through WASAPI with. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

frankz

Musicbee doesn't spontaneously self-destruct, so something else changed on your system to cause this in between the time when it worked and now.  No one here can know what that was.  Did you do a windows update or update your drivers or install some other program in the interim that may be running in the background now?

bakuman47

Just windows updates and a GPU driver update. It plays through WASAPI fine, until I manually select a track, if it cycles automatically, its no issue

frankz

When using WASAPI (exclusive), MusicBee plays first file completely fine. but then goes on to say...
It plays through WASAPI fine, until I manually select a track, if it cycles automatically, its no issue
I'm not sure what the difference between these two things is. How is "the first file...but then" different than "cycles automatically"?  Isn't it "cycling automatically" one track to the next in both circumstances?  Is there manual cycling that you're not describing in the first scenario?

Either way, this seems very specific to your system and I'm not sure that anyone but you can really troubleshoot it.  All you can really do is figure out what changed and change it back to the way that worked.  Musicbee didn't change (unless you updated it) - it is a static bunch of files on your computer.

bakuman47

I think I kind of figured it out, or at least narrowed. It has something to do with stopping. When ever a track is manually selected, the previous stream stops and a new stream begins. This is unlike when playing an album and having track go to track, as it never stops the stream until the album ends. Whenever it stops, not paused but stopped; this error happens, which makes me think that some dll file is busted.

Also I meant it plays the first file i click fine, but when I click another one, that pops up
At this point I might just stick to using ASIO, its not like there are any differences between ASIO and WASAPI right?
Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 06:53:07 AM by bakuman47

frankz

There is probably no audible difference between the two.  WASAPI is a Windows thing, and ASIO requires a driver by your DAC manufacturer (or the generic "4 all" one).  Whatever works is best.

bakuman47

Yea I got the driver from IFI, so il probably just use ASIO, not sure how Wasapi broke, but I don't wanna potentially break anything if it will literally not give any sort of benefit