Author Topic: Sync with my Android stopped working. Not sure how to troubleshoot  (Read 2489 times)

bcsteeve

It has been months since I've synced, but it was working then.  I plug in my Android phone and change the USB option from charge-only to File Transfer and I try to sync and I get a fairly blank window popup titled "Aborted" that says "Synchronising files scanning device..." but at the bottom it says, "the data is invalid (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007000D)"

I tried searching that term and found nothing helpful.

I don't really know where to start.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled (now latest) MusicBee and I've removed and re-added the device in preferences.  Clearly MusicBee sees the device, and I can certainly interact with the device from Windows (move, delete files, etc).

Any thoughts on what to do?

I don't know if this is important but the phone is a OnePlus 6 running Android 10.  I'm on Windows 10 (I keep it up to date).

bcsteeve

You know what?  Nevermind!   I figured I should rule out some variables so I tried a different cable and USB port and now it works.

bcsteeve

This is more or less a note to myself since this keeps coming up:

When MusicBee Wifi Sync can't find the server, try clearing the app's storage first (or reinstall).  Ignore the warning about having to sync by wired first and just continue.