Author Topic: Sync with my Android stopped working. Not sure how to troubleshoot  (Read 7625 times)

bcsteeve

It has been months since I've synced, but it was working then.  I plug in my Android phone and change the USB option from charge-only to File Transfer and I try to sync and I get a fairly blank window popup titled "Aborted" that says "Synchronising files scanning device..." but at the bottom it says, "the data is invalid (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007000D)"

I tried searching that term and found nothing helpful.

I don't really know where to start.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled (now latest) MusicBee and I've removed and re-added the device in preferences.  Clearly MusicBee sees the device, and I can certainly interact with the device from Windows (move, delete files, etc).

Any thoughts on what to do?

I don't know if this is important but the phone is a OnePlus 6 running Android 10.  I'm on Windows 10 (I keep it up to date).

bcsteeve

You know what?  Nevermind!   I figured I should rule out some variables so I tried a different cable and USB port and now it works.

bcsteeve

This is more or less a note to myself since this keeps coming up:

When MusicBee Wifi Sync can't find the server, try clearing the app's storage first (or reinstall).  Ignore the warning about having to sync by wired first and just continue.

Morrisonville

This is more or less a note to myself since this keeps coming up:

When MusicBee Wifi Sync can't find the server, try clearing the app's storage first (or reinstall).  Ignore the warning about having to sync by wired first and just continue.

Thanks for this. This should get pinned or added to an FAQ (if already there, I missed it). Been going crazy trying to figure out why I can't get this to work, but clearly storage seems to be the trick. Much appreciated!