Author Topic: Can I create a check-box field?  (Read 1182 times)

ultrarunner2018

Hi;
I would like a couple of my fields to be checkboxes instead of text. For example, I have a custom field (tag) labeled 'phone'. The purpose of this field is to tell me whether I have uploaded the track to my phone.
Another  field I have is 'new', which I use to indicate that I have recently purchased this track.
Both the 'phone' and 'new' fields would ideally be checkboxes.

Is there any way to do this in MB? I did see a couple of posts in the wishlist thread,  but I wasn't sure if this feature has been implemented or not.

Thanks
Ultrarunner

hiccup

There is an option to create enumerated fields. Perhaps that does what you want:
Preferences > Tags (2) > Fields: Configure Fields
and set the 'type' for your custom tag to 'enumerated'.

ultrarunner2018

Thanks. The enumerated field does what I want, but how do I remove one or more of the selections in the drop-down list?
For example, I wanted to use Y and N (caps) but mistakedly used y (lower case) instead. Now I would like to get rid of that lower case y when I click on the drop-down menu.
I seem to recall a method to do this, but I can't seem to figure it out now.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks. The enumerated field does what I want, but how do I remove one or more of the selections in the drop-down list?
For example, I wanted to use Y and N (caps) but mistakedly used y (lower case) instead. Now I would like to get rid of that lower case y when I click on the drop-down menu.
I seem to recall a method to do this, but I can't seem to figure it out now.
The fact that a lower case y is showing in the drop down means it (the lower case y) exists in a tag (field.) You have to find it (and all other occurrences) and delete. Then restart MB and it will (should) be gone. If it's still showing in the drop down, you haven't deleted all occurrences.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here