Author Topic: Is It Possible To Find Duplicate Track Numbers?  (Read 3026 times)

YJ991

I have many double disc albums, I made the mistake a while to force my entire library into "disc 1 of 1", so I have albums that are numbered "1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3...." I would like to find all the albums that have duplicate track numbers and finally sort them. Is it possible? I tried using the duplicates manager but it couldn't find them.

frankz

Did you set the "where the selected tags" drop-down in the duplicate manager to "Album" and "Disc-Track#"?

YJ991

hiccup

I can't think of a way to do that in batches with MusicBee.
(perhaps somebody else does?)

You can do it with MusicBrainz' Picard though.
If you use a script like:
$set(tracknumber,%_absolutetracknumber%)
It will put all the track numbers of albums that are spread over multiple cd's in a single sequential order.
And Picard can easily do it in very large batches of albums.

frankz

Yeah, I tried that and it they didn't come up.
Ah, I now see that there is no way to deselect Title.

I can't think of a way to do that in batches with MusicBee.
(perhaps somebody else does?)

You can do it with MusicBrainz' Picard though.
If you use a script like:
$set(tracknumber,%_absolutetracknumber%)
It will put all the track numbers of albums that are spread over multiple cd's in a single sequential order.
And Picard can easily do it in very large batches of albums.
OP can't even find them all though.  OP wants to find all the albums with duplicated track numbers.

Only way I can think of would be by eye unfortunately.

hiccup

OP can't even find them all though.  OP wants to find all the albums with duplicated track numbers.
Only way I can think of would be by eye unfortunately.
This is only pertaining to albums containing disc# ≥ 2, correct?
You could filter on that and then 'send to Picard'.

frankz

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this...
I have many double disc albums, I made the mistake a while to force my entire library into "disc 1 of 1"

I took it to mean everything now says disc 1

hiccup

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this...
I have many double disc albums, I made the mistake a while to force my entire library into "disc 1 of 1"

I took it to mean everything now says disc 1
If that is the case, it can still be done.
First filter on albums containing disc# ≥ 2.
Then, either process those using Picard, and after that is done, filter on all tracks on the modification date before that and remove the disc# from them, or create two playlists, one with album contains disc# ≥ 2, and one that doesn't contain disc# 2.
And then delete the disc number from all files in the latter playlist.

frankz

What I'm getting at is if everything says "Disc 1 of 1," how do you filter on albums containing more than one disc.

Also, why sequentially number the tracks in Picard rather than properly tag them with accurate disc and track numbers? 

hiccup

What I'm getting at is if everything says "Disc 1 of 1," how do you filter on albums containing more than one disc.
Ah yes, I see the problem there.
You would need to be able to refine and specify and use disc# OF #
I'll see if I can find my thinking cap and do some testing before I comment further.
(won't happen today)

Also, why sequentially number the tracks in Picard rather than properly tag them with accurate disc and track numbers?
Picard can do both.
And if I understood correctly, this is what the OP was asking for.
Also, I am doing that myself for most box sets. To each his own…
Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 07:33:36 PM by hiccup

frankz

I think we need some clarification from the mysterious OP about what was the intended end result, what was done so far, and what is the current state of the 4 disc/track entry boxes.

YJ991

My original goal was to organize my entire library using the folder organizer. I wanted every album and track to have the same nomenclature of "<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title>", even if it was just a single disc album. But I found out that if an song doesn't have a disc number, the disc part is omitted so it becomes "<Track#> - <Title>". And my dumb arse, I don't even remember what I was thinking, decided to ctrl+a all albums and edit disc 1 of 1. If it can't, I'll have to do it manually, thanks for answering anyway.

I have another random question that I thought of, is it possible to drag select multiple songs in album covers view?

The Incredible Boom Boom

If you haven't closed MusicBee since or made too many other changes, you should be able to File -> Edit -> Undo, no?

I have another random question that I thought of, is it possible to drag select multiple songs in album covers view?

Yes.
Misread.

No. You can CTRL + Select.

frankz

For future reference, to do what you originally wanted to do, I think <Disc#>-<Track#> rather than <Disc-Track#> will get the job done correctly. <Disc-Track#> pretty much exists to avoid the result you wanted.