Author Topic: Suggested additional functionality for Multiple Artist Splitter  (Read 4929 times)

Dzomlija

I absolutely love the Multiple Artist Splitter function of tag editing, and use it regularly.

If I may, here are some ideas to make it even better:

1) The characters "/" and "\" not currently recognized as artist separators and do not work when "Split" is clicked.

2) A button to "Reverse / Merge" the Artist List. This will make it easier to re-combine the "Display Artist". For example, if I have the artists "Aaliyah" and "Timbaland" I'd like to be able to click a "Set Display Artist" button to set the display artist to "Aaliyah, Timbaland".

3) A "Drag-n-Drop" handle on individual artists would make it easier to reorganise the position of artists that have been split. This will work well with the aforementioned "Merge" option when we edit tracks with multiple artists.

4) When clicking the "Split" button, it should remove any possible duplicate entries that may exist in the list. I know its rare for this to be required, but does sometimes crop up. This will eliminate the need for us to manually check for duplicates.
Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 05:45:07 AM by Dzomlija
I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

The Incredible Boom Boom

3) A "Drag-n-Drop" handle on individual artists would make it easier to reorganise the position of artists that have been split. This will work well with the aforementioned "Merge" option when we edit tracks with multiple artists.

Or ALT + UP/DOWN capability. +1

4) When clicking the "Split" button, it should remove any possible duplicate entries that may exist in the list. I know its rare for this to be required, but does sometimes crop up. This will eliminate the need for us to manually check for duplicates.

+1

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1

Except on #2 and #4 I'd want to be sure it was only using the Artist and Guest Artist tags. Many of my tracks have the same artist tagged multiple times with different instruments.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
I think i will probably add support for this using Alt-Up/Down key but also you can already easily manipulate the order by clicking the "Show as Text" button and using cut/paste

Steven

• Administrator