Author Topic: Playlists and where they are backed up  (Read 17171 times)

Hiphopopotamus

I've tested it, and it works! Thank you franks and sveakul for your help!  :)

I still find it strange that playlists aren't automatically backed up via the backup functionality though - do you think this will be possible one day? Is there somewhere I can request this?

phred

• Global Moderator
I still find it strange that playlists aren't automatically backed up via the backup functionality though - do you think this will be possible one day? Is there somewhere I can request this?
This can already easily be done, just no automatically.
From the menu bar > File > Library > Backup Library > and add the source on the left and the destination on the right.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Hiphopopotamus

Hi phred. Oh My-- God.. That works! I tried something similar before but didn't choose 2 output folders (only 1) and the playlists didn't appear. I have now chosen 2 output folders a you showed and it works! I now have 2 options, cheers!  :)

Hiphopopotamus

Actually, while I have you, any idea how to get reverse sync working when using the GoneMad app on my phone? When I remove a song from my GoneMad app and reverse sync it (checking the 'playlists' box under 'Reverse Sync to computer') to my MusicBee app on my laptop - the song is not removed.. Then, if I sync my music from my laptop to my phone - the song I removed from GoneMad reappears..

Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, the song I remove from my phone playlist is also removed from my laptop playlist.

phred

• Global Moderator
That works! I tried something similar before but didn't choose 2 output folders (only 1) and the playlists didn't appear. I have now chosen 2 output folders a you showed and it works! I now have 2 options, cheers!  :)
Glad to hear you have it working to your liking. Just so you're aware, you can currently have up to four sources backing up to four destinations.

any idea how to get reverse sync working when using the GoneMad app on my phone?
Are you using the MB WiFi Sync App on your Android phone? Reverse sync only works with the app. And only with GoneMad and PowerAmp. I suggest taking a look at the WiFi Sync App thread. If you start at the beginning you'll notice that it starts off as a one-way sync app. But it has evolved. Further questions about it's use should be posted in that thread.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Hiphopopotamus

Yep, I'm using that app, and I purchased GoneMad so that I could link everything together. I'll check out the WiFi Sync App thread and see if I can find the solution. Thanks for the help phred :)

Hiphopopotamus

Hi Phred. Any chance you can send me a link to where I can send a message in the WiFi Sync App thread? I've searched and searched but can't find the place. Either I'm really stupid or it's not the easiest forum to navigate..

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi Phred. Any chance you can send me a link to where I can send a message in the WiFi Sync App thread? I've searched and searched but can't find the place. Either I'm really stupid or it's not the easiest forum to navigate..

I suggest taking a look at the WiFi Sync App thread.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Hiphopopotamus

Hi Phred. It looks like this link takes me to a page where I can reply to something - but not to post my own question. Maybe I'm missing something?

ma_t14

Hi Phred. It looks like this link takes me to a page where I can reply to something - but not to post my own question. Maybe I'm missing something?

That's fine just post your question there. Treat reply as a comment on that thread

musicbee4dwd

I've tested it, and it works! Thank you franks and sveakul for your help!  :)

I also went through backup hell until someone told me to try MB portable. Now everything is always backed up! And, I can take MB with me anywhere I go on my thumb drive, or copy it to any computer drive and BAM, I'm right back in it. Or, I can drop it on a friend's computer, and they have MB ready to go.

Hiphopopotamus

Definitely sounds like portable is better than the installed version. So does the portable version keep MB backed up automatically, or do we have to backup MB ourselves like we do with the installer version?

phred

• Global Moderator
does the portable version keep MB backed up automatically, or do we have to backup MB ourselves like we do with the installer version?
The two versions are exactly the same.

No version of MB does automatic backups. But with the Portable, you can copy the entire MB directory and you're backed up. Or you can use the built-in method.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

musicbee4dwd

Definitely sounds like portable is better than the installed version. So does the portable version keep MB backed up automatically, or do we have to backup MB ourselves like we do with the installer version?

As Phred said, but just copy the entire folder wherever you want it, even to a thumb drive. The beauty of the portable version is that you don't need to mess with any backup settings, ever: Copy/Move, done!