Author Topic: Two albums with the same artist not combining  (Read 1628 times)

Kelgorr

The title says it all. They combine on itunes no issue at all but for some reason it refuses to combine on musicbee despite the tags being identical.

ma_t14

For them to be considered the same album, the album value needs to be the same. Remove "- Disc 1" and "- Disc 2" from the album field. Discs are already denoted by the corresponding field.

Kelgorr

Hey thanks for the reply.

Both of the album fields simply say 'Doom Soundtrack' now but the second album still hasn't merged.

ma_t14

This is strange. I don't understand what's going on with the Various Artist album artist tag either, at least from what I can see in your screenshot.

Try rescanning

Kelgorr

Same issue I'm afraid. Tried removing it from my library and re-adding it as well. I guess it just really wants to identify itself as various artists.

ma_t14

If you set the Album Artist to Mick Gordon that should do it. Though looking at the information you provide I'm having trouble understanding why would it not work regardless of that.

ma_t14

I think I know what's going on. Do you have it set as itunes compilation? If the tracks are set to iTunes compilation in the Settings tab of the tag editor and you also have enabled "detect iTunes complilations and treat as Album Artist" then the result will be what you currently see.

Kelgorr