Author Topic: A picture is corrupted, no longer exist or is in accessible.  (Read 1620 times)

stardot

Hi,

I have 6 files that always display this error. I tried different images, different locations, and different fixes and methods. The image does not display and when I import it, and when I go Edit > Artwork, an error is displayed saying :"A picture is corrupted, no longer exist or is in accessible."

Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks

sveakul

1.  What file types are they--flac, mp3, etc?

2.  What image type are you trying to import into the file?

3.  Do the images that don't show in MusicBee show in another player or external tagger (mp3tag, etc.)?

My guess, albeit not knowing the above yet, is that the tags are corrupted, in which case I would delete the entire ID3/Vorbis/MP4/Ape (as the case may be) set of tags, and re-tag them from scratch within MusicBee--no big deal with only 6 files.  If they are mp3 files, additionally run them through mp3val before re-tagging (http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/).

stardot

1.  What file types are they--flac, mp3, etc?

2.  What image type are you trying to import into the file?

3.  Do the images that don't show in MusicBee show in another player or external tagger (mp3tag, etc.)?

My guess, albeit not knowing the above yet, is that the tags are corrupted, in which case I would delete the entire ID3/Vorbis/MP4/Ape (as the case may be) set of tags, and re-tag them from scratch within MusicBee--no big deal with only 6 files.  If they are mp3 files, additionally run them through mp3val before re-tagging (http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/).

1. They are AAC files.
2. Image is JPEG.
3. I did not try another player.

How do I delete the entire set of tags and re-tag?

sveakul

If you mean raw *.aac files, that's probably where the issues lie.  There is no native tagging system for ADTS AAC, although some players/taggers allow "welding" ID3 tags in which may or may not be compatible with other players.  This can be solved by wrapping the AAC files into a M4A wrapper, which allows regular MP4 tagging.

I do the majority of my tagging through external taggers like Kid3 and Mp3tag which have easy options to delete all tags.  You can delete tags in MB with Tag Inspector but chances are it won't find any in the AAC--at least it didn't when I tried adding a cover image to an AAC via Mp3tag and checking it in MusicBee--because of adherence to standards.  Anyway, I recommend you check out one of the above mentioned taggers.

After stripping, you can wrap the AAC in a M4A wrapper with ffmpeg.exe using the following command line executed within a folder containing just the problem AAC's you wish to wrap:

Code
FOR %F IN (*.aac) DO C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i "%F" -codec copy "%~nF.m4a"
Change the path of ffmpeg to match yours.  After the M4A wrapper is applied, you can tag it easily with MusicBee.  The wrap process is lossless.  You could try wrapping them as-is without stripping and then seeing if they can be cleaned up later (ID3 removed, etc) but the results would be anybody's guess.
Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:28:27 PM by sveakul

stardot

If you mean raw *.aac files, that's probably where the issues lie.  There is no native tagging system for ADTS AAC, although some players/taggers allow "welding" ID3 tags in which may or may not be compatible with other players.  This can be solved by wrapping the AAC files into a M4A wrapper, which allows regular MP4 tagging.

I do the majority of my tagging through external taggers like Kid3 and Mp3tag which have easy options to delete all tags.  You can delete tags in MB with Tag Inspector but chances are it won't find any in the AAC--at least it didn't when I tried adding a cover image to an AAC via Mp3tag and checking it in MusicBee--because of adherence to standards.  Anyway, I recommend you check out one of the above mentioned taggers.

After stripping, you can wrap the AAC in a M4A wrapper with ffmpeg.exe using the following command line executed within a folder containing just the problem AAC's you wish to wrap:

Code
FOR %F IN (*.aac) DO C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i "%F" -codec copy "%~nF.m4a"
Change the path of ffmpeg to match yours.  After the M4A wrapper is applied, you can tag it easily with MusicBee.  The wrap process is lossless.  You could try wrapping them as-is without stripping and then seeing if they can be cleaned up later (ID3 removed, etc) but the results would be anybody's guess.

Thanks for the help.

I managed to wrap them in a M4A container using the line code given. After wrapping, all tags were removed automatically so I had to re-tag them again, and now the artwork works with these files finally.

I use MusicBee to tag because that is how I started, so I am used to it now. What are the advantages, other than being able to easily delete tags, for using those taggers?

sveakul

Thanks for the help.

I managed to wrap them in a M4A container using the line code given. After wrapping, all tags were removed automatically so I had to re-tag them again, and now the artwork works with these files finally.

I use MusicBee to tag because that is how I started, so I am used to it now. What are the advantages, other than being able to easily delete tags, for using those taggers?
Glad you got it squared away.  As to your question, when an app specializes in one single function, like tagging, that's all its developer has to work on--tuning it, adding new capabilities, troubleshooting it, etc.  While with MusicBee, although the tagger is excellent Steven has a multitude of other functionality to deal with in music management, playback, GUI, etc.  So you will often find expanded capabilities in an external tagger and the ability to deal with more tag-related problems faster.  As mentioned above, I do recommend giving Mp3tag a look (probably the most well-known one) and also Kid3 (less common but can do things others don't, like simultaneous display and selective editing of all existing tag-types at the same time).

Caveat:  when doing any changes with an external tagger, MusicBee won't know about those changes until you re-scan the file, which isn't necessary if you are working with its internal tagger.