Author Topic: Changing background color of 'Musicbee' main button (top left)  (Read 2647 times)

chrctrlmt

I have been using the 'Dark-Fine Tuned' Crimson.xml as a reference with this element to skin:

<element id="MenuButton.Default" bg="93,7,42" fg="200,200,200" bdr="93,7,42" />

However I implement this code into a skin I'm using, it only colors the actual text of the button (where it says 'Musicbee') and nothing else.  This element also seems to have no effect:

<element id="MenuButton.Border" bg="93,7,42" />

How can I color the background of this button?  I'd like to have default white text and the background color match that of the theme. 

The Incredible Boom Boom

<element id="MenuButton.Border" bg="93,7,42" />

How can I color the background of this button?  I'd like to have default white text and the background color match that of the theme. 

I haven't been able to place that element either, but, if I recall correctly, the background of the button comes from either a CaptionBar or TabsBar element, depending on how you have yours set up. I'm going off memory, so I may be wrong.

chrctrlmt

I downloaded hiccup's sample skin from here but haven't been able to find the element.  in that skin, it's not colored separately from the tab bar, while in older skins included with musicbee it is (such as the azure skin, which is xlmc based), so I'm wondering if this element was removed at some point.   I did experiment with captionbar and tabsbar elements as well, but could only change the color of the entire bar and not the button separately.

i'm using a custom xml file with <root dependsOn="DarkVIOLET.xmlc"> in it, so maybe there is something in the original xlmc that is overwriting anything i'm doing to the menubutton element.
Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:11:02 PM by chrctrlmt