Author Topic: Track Numbers for Videos Inside "Album"?  (Read 1571 times)

G-Power

I just managed to make my video library work, thanks to Steven's help: thread
Now I have an "album" inside which are contained a series of videos from a virtual conference. I would like for these videos to show up in order, like music tracks show up in order in an album, but I don't see the "track number" option anywhere in the tagging section. I thought of using the "episode" field, but that doesn't work; the videos still don't appear in order...
Thank you in advance. :)

hiccup

Disclaimer: personally I only use MusicBee for audio, so I have no useful insights or opinions or how it can be uses for video.
Maybe sort by title?
001 conference call 1
002 conference call 2

Also, I am not sure how the concept of 'album' that you mention would translate to video files.
What is the format of your video files? What sort of metadata do they contain that MusicBee could make use of?

G-Power

Also, I am not sure how the concept of 'album' that you mention would translate to video files.
What is the format of your video files? What sort of metadata do they contain that MusicBee could make use of?

The equivalent of the album field for audio is the "series name" field for videos.

Disclaimer: personally I only use MusicBee for audio, so I have no useful insights or opinions or how it can be uses for video.
Maybe sort by title?
001 conference call 1
002 conference call 2

I'm not that picky. Up to now, your solution sounds pretty good, honestly... 001 Title, 002 Title, etc. I like it. Simple and straightforward. The only tweak I had to go do was change the sorting criteria via "Sort by > Define custom sorting" and then having MB sort video tracks in the following order: Album Artist / Album / Title. I'm not sure how they were sorted at first, but it looked pretty random to me. And it changed every time I refreshed MB, which is strange. But now it works.

It did the trick. Thanks for your help.