Hi! And thanks for the welcome ^^; Sorry I was too vague! It's a bit late near me, and I thought it was fine for a wishlist item. Prepare for way too many details!!
So in most cue files, the flac/wav/etc music file is referenced at the beginning of the track list. But recently I've run into an oddly large number of cue files that reference one music file, for example "Album Title - LP1", followed by a track list, then a second file, "Album Title - LP2", followed by a second tracklist.
Sometimes these files are set up to be two different discs, reflected by the 2nd file's tracklist starting from 00:00:00 playtime—other times it seems like a "single disc album" was released across two LPs, or CDs, and the creator of the cue file keeps the separate tracklists, but has the second one continue from where the first file left off. (ex, LP2, Track 1 starting at 43:03:04, or something).
In MusicBee, I can't get a single cue file with two file references to be recognized consistently, if at all. I found in this forum that this is normal, so I tried to split the cue file into two cue files, each referencing the appropriate flac file. This does work to show and tag the album correctly in the player (everything looks perfect) but when playing, it only references one of the cue sheets for some reason. So for example most of the time, it will play the first disc flawlessly, but if I play a track from the 2nd disk, it simply starts playing Track 1 from Disc 1 again.
I've looked around and tried adjusting this every which way to no avail, save for listing each disc as an entirely separate album (which is fine in some cases, but obviously not ideal). I decided to try out the files in Foobar2000, as some people suggested it worked there, and I wanted to be sure it wasn't an issue with the cue files themselves.
Sure enough, I sent them into FB2k, and they worked perfectly. All tags were correct, and everything played properly across each disc. This held true for cue files referencing multiple flac files, as well as the cue files I tried splitting into 2 or 3 parts.
I'm not entirely sure what the backend of this process looks like, or how hard it is to fix, but so far it's quite literally the only time I've run into something that MB can't quite seem to achieve. It's not nearly enough of an issue for me to decry the player or anything, but I thought I'd toss it out there anyway.)