Author Topic: How to search for synchronised lyrics?  (Read 7428 times)

arish

So basically, I'm looking for a way to be able to find synchronised lyrics through musicbee's lyrics searching feature.
Hitting "Search Internet" on the tag editor always only leads me to find unsynchronized lyrics, even if I choose to search for synchronised lyrics
(screenshot below shows which panel I'm talking about)

I have selected musixmatch as my first preferred lyrics finding source, so I assume that should help me be able to find synchronised lyrics since musixmatch has those

Additionally, if it's not possible to find synchronised lyrics through musicbee, can anybody link me to any database/website where I can find .lrc files for songs? Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
MiniLyrics.com is/was just about the only place that has/had synced lyrics. Plus there is/was a plugin for MB on the MiniLyrics site. The use of present/past tense is due to the fact that the MiniLyrics website has been down for about a month (if not longer) and there's no word about what's going on. Or if it will ever return.
Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:28:10 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

The only database with synchronized lyrics is MiniLyrics, and they have been off-line for some time now with no indication about when or if they will ever return.

If they return, you have to install their program and then there's a MusicBee plugin that interfaces with it.

sveakul

Musixmatch also has synced lyrics available, but I heard they require some kind of recently implemented API key to get at them now, which you need to register for to acquire (https://developer.musixmatch.com/documentation).

Steven

• Administrator
the free api is very restricted with the hit count and its not even clear to me that you get the full lyrics either - just the first few lines

phred

• Global Moderator
its not even clear to me that you get the full lyrics either - just the first few lines
I don't use synced lyrics, but when the Lyrics Reloaded (Updated) plugin fails to find lyrics, I do a manual search via Bing. Among the hits is often one from Musixmatch. The lyrics are -never- the entire song. Usually only the first verse. So now I don't even bother looking at Musixmatch.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

That's strange about the Bing searches.  I consistently draw full lyrics (non-synced) from Musixmatch with another popular player.  No shade intended on LyricsReloaded or the great job frankz has done maintaining this well past its initial "expiration date."  My point is that hope springs eternal, and that making use of MusicBee's external tool feature can help when shaking the lyrics tree.
Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:39:42 AM by sveakul

phred

• Global Moderator
The Bing search results overall are satisfactory. It's the Musixmatch results that are lacking. It is indeed odd that you're getting the complete lyrics yet I only get a verse. I'll dig up an example later today and post a link and we can compare. Perhaps it's a location issue.

[Slightly off-topic: Windows works in mysterious ways and I've often seen different results from two similar PC's. Right now I've got the latest Firefox (v89) on three PCs. Due to the "new and improved" UI they introduced in this version I'm running a userChrome.css script to get the UI more to my liking. On one PC the 'open new tab' indicator (+) is on the right side of the tabs. On another PC, running the exact same .css on the exact same Firefox version, the indicator is on the left.]

Back on--topic - yes, a big top of the old phred hat goes to frankz for keeping the plugin going.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki