Author Topic: Folders with files/tracks can't be deleted, if played before.  (Read 1829 times)

dschoeni

(Corrected - sorry about the missing types ... I didn't read, what I've typed before.  :-X  )

After playing a file or track, its folder can't be immediatly deleted.
If I don't like the song anymore, it's principially one of the most natural things for me, to delete it, either while listening or immediatly after listening.
So this is not possible.  >:(
I first have to start another song in another folder or I have to restart MusicBee.

Another Interesting thing is, if I do a volume analysis, the song is released and I can delete it then.  :-\

I think, there's a possibility for a workaround for you. On Operations for deleting a folder, the software should first check, whether the folder contains an open file and then stop the access to it.  8)

This will also handle the problem, that after a such operation a folder or file disappears from MusiBee, but not from the file system ... and rises up again, the next time you start MusicBee.
Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 09:36:41 PM by dschoeni

phred

• Global Moderator
You need to stop the playing of the track/filed before you can delete it. Not pause it. Stop it. Then you can delete.

When playing, or while paused, the file is still open and MB won't allow an open file to be deleted.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

dschoeni

How to stop?
My player has only a pause button ...  Oh I see. I have to enable it first  8) . Or Ctrl-S.
Thank you!

sveakul

How to stop?
My player has only a pause button ...  Oh I see. I have to enable it first  8) . Or Ctrl-S.
Thank you!
Also keep in mind that there are some skins that just don't offer a Stop button, although CTRL+S should work in any case.