Author Topic: Using Keywords  (Read 1588 times)

avididid

Having trouble figuring out how to use  Keywords!   I have a couple of Keywords I want to start applying such as "Album Pick" "Grammy" "Record of Year" etc.
When I import an album and go to Edit keywords I enter a keyword and no problem, I can filter on it & search on that word.  However when I import another album and go to enter a keyword, the previous keyword does not appear until you enter the 1st letter of a keyword already used.  I thought a drop down list would appear with all keywords I've used so far so I can pick the one I want to use.  Should I keep a piece of paper with all keywords I've used near me for reference?
Any help is appreciated! Tks, David N.

hiccup

Some tags have this 'enumerated' feature, some don't.
To me it makes sense that 'keywords' doesn't have it since there could be users having dozens or hundreds different keywords in their music files. The 'first letter' option is much better than the 'enumerated' option for tags like that.

For a custom tag you can decide if you want it to be 'enumerated'.
So you could create your own custom tag for keywords, and set it to 'enumerated'.
Preferences > Tags (2) > Fields > Type

You could then also setup a quick-access toolbar filter button for it.
Preferences >  Layout (1) > Command buttons > Filter buttons

avididid

Again I want to thank you for a explanation that makes complete sense!  I have used 2 Custom Tag Fields and yes they are Enumerated!  I'm starting to be able to move
around MB alot better then 2 weeks ago, getting easier to understand and really like how you can display your collection!! Tks again - DN

hiccup

You're welcome and no problem.
It's nice to assist a user who's willing to learn and enjoys the process.

(especially after some recent experiences with a couple of other new users only complaining and unwilling to learn or adapt to how MusicBee functions)