Author Topic: not square artwork  (Read 1996 times)

Mr. Trev

Apologies if this has been addressed already, but I didn'get any relevent search results…

How do you guys deal with artwork that isn't square?

I've really gotten used to using the Artist view, but there are many band/artist pics that use a different aspect ratio than 1:1. This typically means the photo will either be pushed to either the side or bottom of it's location in the main window.
I have tried the crop to circle options, but IMO, it just looks bad.

Any other workarounds available to centre the image that I may have overlooked?

Mr. Trev

Just to elaborate more…

I'm looking to have images like the circled ones to be centered vertically/horizontally. Hoping for a way to do it without having to modify the actual image files in a gfx program.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Find another picture -> right-click on artist -> Paste Artist Picture
...or...
Crop picture to 1x1 in ..MusicBee/App Data/Artist Pictures
Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 06:07:27 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

Mr. Trev

I find Musicbee is pretty good at picking 1:1 images for artists. The problem is doing a manual search. Most images I find aren't 1:1. Usually if I use the "square" format selection in DuckDuckGo, all I'll get is album art.
It is easy enough to batch process the artwork in something like Irfanview, but I'd really rather not go down that road (re. I'm too lazy). I was really hoping there is a pref setting I overlooked to centre the image - or an edit of the .cfg.

The Incredible Boom Boom

I bite the search bullet and use Google or Bing for artist images if I can't come across good ones elsewhere.
If I can't find a 1x1 image, then I eat another bullet and get paste it, then crop.