Author Topic: Screen resolution, .layout files & Tracks view settings correlations ?  (Read 1165 times)

alec.tron

Hello,
I've been using MusicBee in a fairly different setup (laptop w multiple monitors) than usual (desktop with single screen) over the past weeks.
Now, I would have thought that if I save a tracks view 'Custom View' AND a .layout file, I could easily swap back and forth multiple screen setups, and apply those when switching screeens/resolutions.

Seems that is not the case, or only under specific conditions ?
As saving a layout & view with 2 x 4k screens (where it only sits on one screen, i.e. has the same relative 4k resolution, but the system resolution is 2 x 4k screen) does show some unexpected behaviour when re-applying those to a single 4k screen setup (to the point that the re-applied layout & view had nothing to do with what they were saved as).
But I have a hunch that saving these with multi monitors might be a factor... alas, once I re-did the layout & view again for the single screen, applying the previous same layout/view (but that was created with 2 monitors) does suddenly behave as expected again...which is odd.... ?
Is that documented somewhere or any known issues/gotchas with this ?

Cheers.
c.