Author Topic: See all albums under an artist without the need to click on the mini right arrow  (Read 920 times)

[email protected]

MusicBee is amazing and the only thing that really hurts my user experience is the fact that I can't (or don't know how to) see all the albums of an artist in one view.

Currently, as you can see in the attached image link:
https://imgur.com/a/m7xmwbY
I need to click on that miniature right arrow.
It would have been less bad if I could use my mouse horizontal scroll, but this doesn't work.
Musicbee has no effect when I try to horizontal scroll when I'm hovering over the album pane.

A little CSS style "flex-wrap: wrap" would do the trick :)

I would appreciate your help
Thank you!

hiccup

Configuration > show the tracks for the selected album or artist: > in a separate panel (double click)
(make sure you are using 3.4, some improvements were made on this feature)

[email protected]

Thanks for the quick reply  :)
I updated the version.

I am familiar with the configuration you mentioned but:
1. Once I double-click on an artist, I lose the view of all the other artists.
2. If I want to go back I need to click the small left-arrow at the top-left of my screen. clicking the 'back button' on my mouse plays the previous song.

So, unfortunately, this solution is less convenient for me.

hiccup

The advantage of this solution is that it (probably) saves you from the need to scroll at all, since chances are all albums of the artist will fit in the newly opened panel at once.
So I don't think it adds to the amount of mouse actions needed.
It might just be learning a new habit?

Still, I can understand the desire for horizontal scroll there.
You could create a wish for that?
But considering horizontal scroll is problematic (dysfunctional) in other locations, I am guessing it might not be that easy to implement.

[email protected]

For me, it's not about the amount of mouse action needed but the ease of that action.
Currently, I have to position the mouse over an area of a few mm by a few mm (the arrow icon) and then clicking.
The alternative (scrolling) would allow you to position the mouse over the entire album-box area (pink rectangle in the image I uploaded) and then scroll. The area where the mouse has to be is X200 bigger so the experience will be easier IMO.

But thanks, I didn't know there was a wish list.
I will request it there.