Author Topic: MusicBee doesn't appear to support Unicode in MP3 tags  (Read 1921 times)

peterrow

On the ColdPlay album "Music Of The Spheres" 2021, it has 5 tracks that consist of nothing but emoji style Unicode characters such as a star or a plant. When ripping the CD using Exact Audio Copy they appear correctly but not in MusicBee, in the latter tracks 1, 4, 6, 9 and 11 appear like this:

In the Windows explorer file names they appear correctly, albeit a little small in this screenshot:

I know, I know, stupid Coldplay having unpronounceable titles, but it would be amazing if there was a way to fix this to display correctly.
Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:54:22 AM by peterrow

The Incredible Boom Boom

Have you tried switching among different fonts in Preferences -> Layout (1)?
Unicode characters show up for me, albeit with VORBIS comment tags.
This leads me to think something else is impeding their display for your setup.

Steven

• Administrator
unicode encoding is fully supported. Can you send a link to one of the problem files

peterrow

Here is a link to one of the mp3 files on my one drive, the link is only valid till 28th Jan:
Coldplay track with emoji in filename

Steven

• Administrator
the actual track title tag is garbage in the file. The same shows in in mp3Tag and foobar

peterrow

Ah my bad  :-[ , sorry to have wasted your time. It must be the LAME MP3 library (or the version I have) that Exact Audio Copy uses when ripping at fault then, damn.
Thanks to your diagnosis though I was able to fix the tags. :)