Author Topic: Resizing the Tag Editor Window and/or changing the font size  (Read 4264 times)

purplebee

Hello,

I'm a person that adds and edits tags in a daily basis while listening to music. However both the window size and font size in the Tag Editor are hard to read for me because of their fixed size, and editing lyrics in particular is difficult to do.

Would it be possible for these two things to be customizable? Having both a larger Tag Editor Window and larger font on said window would make MusicBee easier to use for me.

purplebee

I recently found out both of these suggestions are available in the Lyrics Floating Window. It'd be great to have both of these options added to the Edit Window as well!

Here's an image for reference:

hiccup

You can set a custom font size for MusicBee in general under: Layout (1).
Why would the Tag Editor need to use a larger and dedicated font compared to any other panel in MusicBee?

purplebee

You can set a custom font size for MusicBee in general under: Layout (1).
Why would the Tag Editor need to use a larger and dedicated font compared to any other panel in MusicBee?
Perhaps this isn't a common issue, but personally: While the default font size is fine for reading purposes, for editing I prefer having a slightly larger font. In truth its not that big of an issue for most tags, as they're far apart enough, but having an independent font for the Tag Editor would be helpful.

Regarding the Lyrics Editor in particular: Some lyrics can have lots of text, and reading/editing is easier in the eyes with a bigger font. Changing the window size allows you to fit as many lyrics as you want in your screen. The same logic applies to these options in the Floating Lyrics Window, I believe. On hindsight I should have made a separate suggestion for being able to toggle the Lyrics Editor font size in the same way it's possible in the Floating Lyrics Window. Should I make a new suggestion just based on that?

Sorry if something is hard to understand, English isn't my native language.

hiccup

I think it's good if a wish is as specific as possible.
This one, I personally think has very slim chances of getting much support.
I still don't understand why the Tag Editor panel should have a different font from pretty much every other MusicBee panel and interface.

For lyrics panels I do though:
Looking at it further away from the screen trying to sing along, maybe sharing in the company of friends, some beer involved, impaired vision, distraction from police sirens and lights, whatever.
If you have some suggestions/wishes specifically about lyrics panels it would probably be best to create a new and dedicated wish for it.
Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 06:56:03 PM by hiccup

frankz

FYI the lyrics panel (as opposed to the editor) does have it's own font setting.  It takes some work to get to the screen where you can set it if you use playing tracks view in now playing. You have to set it to Large Album or something else and then go to "Customize Panel."

I don't know why you can't get to that setting in Playing Tracks view.