Author Topic: Hangs when stream is not available  (Read 631 times)

M_I_B

Good morning dear forum community,

I actually use another player, but I was looking for a player that can access the stations in the SouthCast and/or IceCast directories directly. MusicBee seems to have a unique selling proposition at the moment.

Unfortunately, this is probably not quite mature yet. Because if I want to listen to a stream that is currently having problems or is offline, MB freezes and it takes ages until at some point the message "The stream cannot be played at this time" appears. During this far too long timeout, it is impossible to select another stream, even if you try to stop the attempt with CTRL+S. Closing and restarting MB is much faster.

Since I belong to the genre of "wave riders" (still comes from the days of analogue radio, especially long wave to short wave; I still do it), unfortunately for me with this "quirk" it is unusable.

Is the issue known? Is there an option to decrease the timeout? Would it be possible to immediately interrupt the connection attempt by clicking on another stream?

Greetz
Micha

PS: WIN10pro, 21H2-19044.1766, AMD Ryzen7, 64GB, NVIDIA Audio
Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:09:33 AM by M_I_B

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

I suggest updating to the latest 3.5 available from the first forum topic.
I have a good number of radio streams that don't work consistently and never have I have MB hang. MB throws a message "The requested stream is not responding, try later."

Since you're seeing a different message, it issue causing it may be different than mine. Have you tried a problem stream using a different application? And if so does it work or not?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

M_I_B

I use 3.4.8033 as installer.
Just download the 3.5 and we will see if that goes better...

"The requested stream is not responding, try later."

That I catch also sometimes. But also it just hangs on the sender and it isn't possible to switch to an other one.

To check that in an other player (my fav are AIMP) I have to catch the stream-URL. I haven't find out yet where to grab. The only what I have see is the yp.shoutcast- entry and not the real URL behind...

EDIT say:
3.5 is installed.
I try to open http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=1720532 in MB and got an "The requested stream is not responding, try later". Take the url  and give it to AIMP it work's well...

Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 10:31:59 PM by M_I_B

Steven

• Administrator
are you sure its the same url you are using in AIMP? i dont see Club Dance Online listed in the shoutcast directory and http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=1720532 is not a valid link

M_I_B

... shure I'm shure about the link. But I have check it right now again due the links works in MB this morning. Copy & past it to AIMP creates an other target  :o  :o  :-X
Looks like that AIMP can't handle the yp- links as it and need the pls behind.

If I catch the next not working I will try again.

BTW: It will be a good idea in my eyes if MB have the possibility to copy the real stream URL out and not the yp- link. That also helps to feed other stand alone hardware player with fav's.
MB also don't show the right information if you right click the station and chose modify/edit. It will show the yp- link and as homepage shoutcast.com Only the name is a match.
If I look at AIMP I see the real link http://s01.diazol.hu:35000/live.mp3 and also that the station use 4 genre- tags
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 07:03:37 AM by M_I_B

Steven

• Administrator
there is no point reporting temporary glitches. This morning the shoutcast link was returning a playlist with zero entries so there was a problem on the shoutcast side.

M_I_B

hu? What does "temporary disruption" mean here? I didn't talk about that, but about the BUG, which simply freezes MB for at least 3 minutes on certain channels that I can't access for some (still) unknown reason.

This is what my previous suggestion aimed at NOT storing/saving the yp entry in MB, but instead the real stream URL. There's nothing wrong with saving the yp link also, but if the directory doesn't work (as it often does), then it doesn't matter because the real stream link is available to MB.

< the shoutcast link was returning a playlist with zero entries
Not on my side. pls- file looks well and work on MB and all other player ...
Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 09:57:12 AM by M_I_B

Steven

• Administrator
as i said, the playlists returned by shoutcast were corrupt. I am locking this topic