Author Topic: Help Having the type of release displayed (and where I can specify that)  (Read 1116 times)

npolj89

Hi all,

New member here but man, Musicbee is OUTSTANDING.  I can spend months trying to make it look perfect.

I have two questions:

ANyways so I sort by Album Artist > Album > Album > Year however I use custom values for album "sort as" and then I either sort it as:
1. Studio Albums // (YEAR) Album Name
2. Extended Plays // (YEAR) Album Name
3. Singles
4. Live Albums // (YEAR) Album Name
5. Live Extended Plays // (YEAR) Album Name

Now,

It displays it just the way I want it to now in the desired order while leaving the actual Album name completely in tact which is what I wanted.

My question is,

Is there a way that I can have what type of release each album is?

IE:

Studio Album
Extended Play
Single
Live Album
Live Extended Play

Please let me know thanks!  I would like that to be displayed next to the Year, next to each album name (without changing the album name)

or below the thumbnail of each album.

Please let me know if this is possible and any help would be so greatly appreciated!

2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the name of the disc so that it does not include the word "disc" first. I would like to change certain discs to volumes or some even an actual name without that word so any info would much appreciated!

The Incredible Boom Boom

ANyways so I sort by Album Artist > Album > Album > Year however I use custom values for album "sort as" and then I either sort it as:
1. Studio Albums // (YEAR) Album Name
2. Extended Plays // (YEAR) Album Name
3. Singles
4. Live Albums // (YEAR) Album Name
5. Live Extended Plays // (YEAR) Album Name

Now,

It displays it just the way I want it to now in the desired order while leaving the actual Album name completely in tact which is what I wanted.

My question is,

Is there a way that I can have what type of release each album is?

IE:

Studio Album
Extended Play
Single
Live Album
Live Extended Play

It sorts like you're using <Sort Album> to store the album type variables (which is a fantastic idea - you just opened up a Virtual Tag slot for me), so what I think you're asking for is to display something similar to: <Album Artist> - <Album> <Year> Studio

You'll need to create a Virtual Tag first, then replace "Album" with your new tag, under whatever Preferences->Layout (1) View you use.

Virtual Tag:
Code
<Album Artist> - <Album> <Year> <Sort Album>

2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the name of the disc so that it does not include the word "disc" first. I would like to change certain discs to volumes or some even an actual name without that word so any info would much appreciated!

How to use the sub-grouping header

npolj89

Thank you for all the help.  Everything you suggested worked perfectly.  This program is incredible!