Author Topic: Mass hiding duplicates by file location  (Read 850 times)

hurgborg

Hello! Recently I moved a bunch of my downloads from an internal hard drive to an external hard drive but in doing so I have created a mass amount of duplicates 0_0

I wonder if there is a way to hide songs based off their being in the location of the internal hard drive instead of having to tediously go through each album and hide them

Cheers!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Sure, you can add Path as a field to the main panel (in Tracks view), then sort by that.  A note for the future: you can avoid this problem by using MusicBee to move your files; then it will know where they are and you won't lose any metadata like play counts or date added.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

Hello! Recently I moved a bunch of my downloads from an internal hard drive to an external hard drive but in doing so I have created a mass amount of duplicates
Wouldn't it be much better to avoid having duplicate files to begin with?
(unless you have them for back-up purposes)
If duplicates have been created on your harddisks accidentally and you've lost overview on them, there are many tools that can help in finding and removing duplicate files.
Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 10:14:44 PM by hiccup

hurgborg

Hello! Recently I moved a bunch of my downloads from an internal hard drive to an external hard drive but in doing so I have created a mass amount of duplicates
Wouldn't it be much better to avoid having duplicate files to begin with?
(unless you have them for back-up purposes)
If duplicates have been created on your harddisks accidentally and you've lost overview on them, there are many tools that can help in finding and removing duplicate files.
Hmmm, there isn't quite duplicate files per se so much as there is remnants of when Musicbee looked in the original location for the files :\ (the duplicate files will not play music because the path is now empty)

hiccup

Hmmm, there isn't quite duplicate files per se so much as there is remnants of when Musicbee looked in the original location for the files :\ (the duplicate files will not play music because the path is now empty)
In that case I would think Tools > Advanced > Rescan All Files and/or Tools > Advanced > Compress Library should solve that.