Author Topic: Use "global" hotkeys while editing lyrics?  (Read 1290 times)

Casual Tea

Hi.

I love syncing lyrics while listening to my favorite music, but sometimes I get the timing of a line wrong so I have to go back a few seconds to try again.
So far I've done that by clicking into the Wave Bar at the appropriate time. But that means having to move my hand from the keyboard (I usually use right "CTRL" with my right hand and "T" with my left hand while syncing lyrics) and also clicking into the line I was syncing quickly before the music overtakes me again, which is tedious.
Looking for hotkeys I found these and assigned them + made them "global" (adding a "1 second" version for skipping forward and backwards would be nice as well) and they work well while just playing music, but as soon as I edit lyrics, the hotkeys no longer apply/work.
Which kind of makes sense since "CTRL+T" for example (which in the lyrics window adds a timestamp to the line you edit) opens a new tab when not editing lyrics.

Can I make these hotkeys apply while I'm editing lyrics somehow?

Casual Tea

Since no one seems to know a solution for my problem, does anyone know a standalone program that let's you comfortably create synced lyrics? I cba to constantly click around in the Wave Bar in musicbee.