Author Topic: 'Album Rating' and 'Love' icon not initially invisible when there's no rating  (Read 3845 times)

darkred

My layout is as follows: screenshot

As seen in the screenshot, I have set to display 'Album Rating' below each album cover in the main panel.
and to show 'Track rating' and 'Love' in the 'Playing Tracks' in the right sidebar.

Also,
Regarding '"Album Rating":
The 2nd album, "Burning Organ", has 5-star rating.
All the rest albums that have no rating, but unfortunately have their 5-star element visible(dimmed).

Regarding '"Track Rating" and "Love":
In the "Playing Tracks", only the track "Burning Organ (instrumental)" has rating (5-star), and 'Love'. All other tracks have no rating nor 'Love'.
The 'Track rating' is indeed invisible for all other tracks, until you click to focus their row (in the screenshot I have focused the track above it, "I Feel Love" ).
But unfortunately  the 'Love' icon is visible(dimmed) for all these tracks.

So my suggestion is:
the "Album Rating" elements in main panel, as well as the "Love icon" in the right panel,
both to be initially invisible if there's no rating/Love, until you you click to focus them.
Here is a mockup to see what I mean: mockup.

Thank you

Using latest MB 3.4.7805 on win10
Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 11:08:04 PM by darkred

Steven

• Administrator
i am not clear what bug is being reported here other than you dont like the implemented behavior.
If the issue is the brightness of the stars you should take that up with the skin author

darkred

Yes, I use the 'Dark | Tron Punk' theme. I wrongly thought it's MusicBee related, but you helped me see that it's actually theme related.
So, I made a comment in the Tron Punk theme thread, referring here.

Thank you for responding.
Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 10:31:08 AM by darkred

darkred

Steven, I have posted this wish: Skin elements for Rating of focused album (main panel ) + Love (Playing Tracks), in case it might have missed your attention.
After contacting the skin author (see), I believe it's not a matter of the skin, but that these two elements are currently not skinnable.