Author Topic: MusicBee noob  (Read 1597 times)

Pickle_

I downloaded the application and I tried to download some songs from youtube manually. The songs' mp3 format is not supported on the app. How can I download albums without having to manually organise them and what format does musicbee support? Also, how can I connect last.fm to musicbee? Any help would be appreciated.

sveakul

What steps did you take to "download some songs from youtube manually"?  AFAIK, YouTube audio formats are AAC(M4A) and Opus, not MP3.

Corliss Rain

First, double-check your files, because MB supports almost all of the music file formats out there. Also, make sure you've actually imported them into MB.

If that doesn't help, go to Edit Preferences. On the first page of settings (General), there is a box listing all the possible file formats ... make sure the ones you want to use are checked, click Apply, then click Save.

Hope that helps.

sveakul

On the first page of settings (General), there is a box listing all the possible file formats ... make sure the ones you want to use are checked, click Apply, then click Save.
Actually that section is only for enabling MusicBee as a default/context menu playback option in Windows/File Explorer.  They don't need to be checked to play files imported into and played from the MusicBee library, or when manually selecting MusicBee from a Windows "Open with.." dialog.