Author Topic: Option to Clear Cache  (Read 3925 times)

musicbee4dwd

As I was backing up my portable MB, I noticed the directory had exploded to over 700MB. The culprit was InternalCache\ArtistBackdrops

An option to clear this would be nice.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

+1 for this, but why not just one option to "Clear Internal Cache Folders" and get 'em all.  This could be made "..On Exit," or as a button to do so when clicked.

calderino

Doesn't "Tools>Advanced>Reset Artwork Cache" do that?
Or I am misunderstanding the option.

musicbee4dwd

+1 for this, but why not just one option to "Clear Internal Cache Folders" and get 'em all.  This could be made "..On Exit," or as a button to do so when clicked.

It could be implemented in many ways. I just didn't notice any of the other cache items taking much space, but a clear cache after xx days would be one way to implement that function, depending on the specific function of the cache. But, I think I agree to an option to just clear it all on close.

musicbee4dwd

+1 for this, but why not just one option to "Clear Internal Cache Folders" and get 'em all.  This could be made "..On Exit," or as a button to do so when clicked.

It could be implemented in many ways. I just didn't notice any of the other cache items taking much space, but a clear cache after xx days would be one way to implement that function, depending on the specific function of the cache. But, I think I agree to an option to just clear it all on close.

Well, this is why I stated it as I did original. I don't know exactly. When I use MB to tag my music, I tell MB it to embed the image of the album into the file, so it never has to redownload it, and then the file itself is portable no matter what.

I still think the clear on exit would be nice. I don't mind having to download images during the day. They're small and I have plenty of bandwidth I pay for.

sveakul

Doesn't "Tools>Advanced>Reset Artwork Cache" do that?
Or I am misunderstanding the option.
That choice only deletes the "AlbumCovers" subfolder, not the other contents of the InternalCache folder.