Author Topic: New Genre  (Read 3908 times)

avididid

Newbie David here!  Been checking all my tags for a "Testing" group of about 200 albums I'm using to learn MB!  Decided to add my 1st custom tag called "Type of Artist"! I used the Enumerated Option for Defining New Tags.  Type of Artists would include Female Solo, Male Solo, Female Group, Male Group, Mixed Group.
When I click on that tag to input the data all 4 of these appear with check boxes to click.  Very nice indeed.  Did a "Filter" on that tag and worked great.
Did I use the right name for the description of the new tag?  Throw in some suggestions if you have any!  Tks for reading - DN

hiccup

Aren't you missing 'duet'?
There are times I like to listen to a duet.
Usually male/female, sometimes classical, sometimes modern (pop).

If 'vocals' is a defining factor here, 'type of artist' could be a little bit vague and ambiguous?
Perhaps simply 'vocals' would be better?
Male, female, tenor, soprano, countertenor, duet, choir, spoken word, etc.?

edit:
Since we are in the 'General' board:
A freebee jewel, classical female/female duet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ZL5AxmK_A
Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 08:55:00 PM by hiccup

avididid

Thanks for the input, I agree vocals does sound better.  I did forget "Duets".  Ann-Margret would kill me for leaving that out (Her Duet w Elvis in Viva Las Vegas)! DN

hiccup

Ann-Margret would kill me for leaving that out (Her Duet w Elvis in Viva Las Vegas)! DN
Ah!, so you're a youngster.
Let's hope you'll appreciate the link I shared in two or three decades from now  ;-)

avididid

73 Years old but please call me a youngster anytime!! DN