Author Topic: Auto-Playlist Question  (Read 1023 times)

landmark

I have an auto-playlist which I sync to my phone, called "Albums in Rotation."  Here are the criteria.

Match any of the following rules:

- Grouping is Album
- Playlist is not "Out of Rotation"

Basically, I have all my full albums labeled with the grouping "Album", and then if there are albums or tracks on them I don't want to sync, I put them in the "Out of Rotation" playlist.  

But the second criterion (Playlist is not "Out of Rotation") isn't working in my auto-playlist. Those tracks are still appearing in it. What am I doing wrong?

hiccup

landmark

Thanks, but nope, "all" doesn't work either. Those unwanted tracks still appear in the auto-playlist, even after a manual refresh. 

frankz

Are you selecting for the auto-playlist by album or by track? 

I ask because if you select by album, it will include tracks that are in the excluded playlist (if the album itself matches the criteria).

If you want to exclude certain tracks and include others, then you need to select by track.

If this is not the issue then I don't know why it's not working as you've intended.

hiccup

Hm, then I am guessing it has to do with the 'playlist is not…' criterion.

Confession: Auto-playlists are not really my forte.
But I'm sure some other member with more knowledge on the matter will chip in…

edit:
he already did ;-)

landmark

It's weird, I made a new playlist with the exact same criteria (using "all"), and it worked! But the old one still is wrong, even after refreshing it. So I guess I'll just delete that wrong one and start using the new one.

Thanks! 

landmark

Yes, on further inspection, it was that selecting by  "track" vs "album" issue. 

frankz