Author Topic: Network Folder for Library in Windows 10  (Read 2128 times)

Sebasistan

I am slowly losing my mind over this. So my music is all stored on a hard disk in my desktop PC. This PC is connected to the home network via ethernet. I now want to share the music library folder with the network so MusicBee on my laptop can access it - since my laptop doesn't have a big HDD.

But somehow it doesn't matter what I'm doing, sharing my library folder with everyone or a specific user or whatnot, the shared folder simply does not appear on the network.

I have shared the windows media library with the network and added my music folder to that (I have the music folder on the D: drive since the drive where the OS is on is smaller). Now I *can* access those files on the laptop - but apparently ONLY through Windows Media Player.

This is probably more of a Windows issue than a MusicBee issue - is there either a way to add the windows media library thingy to MusicBee? It doesn't appear when I try to add it through the preferences. It does however appear when I pick "add file to library". OR can someone help me figure out how to share a folder on my network? There must be something silly I'm not seeing. I've followed all the tutorial steps but nothing works.

Sebasistan

NEVERMIND. I got it.

So apparently in order for my laptop to find the shared folder on the Desktop I had to manually type \\DESKTOP\Shared_folder (well with my PC's name and the folder name) into the file explorer.
And now I can add the remote folder to MusicBee on my desktop...