Author Topic: WIndow turns black after upgrading GPU  (Read 3887 times)

kingofdonair

After upgrading my GPU (5700xt to 6700xt), I noticed a bug/glitch where the screen will flicker for a second, and then the MusicBee window turns black. It only goes back to normal after minimizing it and opening it up again.

Here's an image of what it looks like.
Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:19:51 PM by kingofdonair

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Does it happen with all skins or just specific ones?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kingofdonair

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Does it happen with all skins or just specific ones?

Thanks for the response.

I'm currently on v3.3.7491, which I installed through the installer. So far, I've been able to replicate the issue with the three skins I've tried.

Steven

• Administrator
You could try the latest version from the downloads page but it probably wont make any difference. Perhaps make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date from the card manufacturer or from your computer manufacturer

kingofdonair

I still have this issue, and troubleshooting hasn't fixed it. It may be an issue with my card, but I'm not sure why it's MusicBee in particular.

hiccup

As a way to maybe eliminate possibilities such as a corruption in your MB installation or perhaps av software interfering, you could install a portable MusicBee outside your Windows folders (preferably on a different partition/drive) and see if that one works o.k.

Coogan

After upgrading my GPU (5700xt to 6700xt), I noticed a bug/glitch where the screen will flicker for a second, and then the MusicBee window turns black. It only goes back to normal after minimizing it and opening it up again.

Here's an image of what it looks like.

Are you using an Nvidia card?  Lot's of complaints about this type of issue on their forum with newer drivers.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you using an Nvidia card?  Lot's of complaints about this type of issue on their forum with newer drivers.

Those are AMD cards, although for all I know the root cause may be about the same.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

kingofdonair

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but unfortunately nothing makes the issue go away.

Lots of other people in this reddit thread are having the same issues, though mine is only persistent with MusicBee.